Tuesday 12 September 2017

The car tyre

Well, today I went to see the tyre fitter who had promised to get a tyre for today.   He had kept his promise but not fitted it because he had found the pressure sensor had been broken too.   It was difficult to take it from there as neither of us spoke the other's language.   I was about to ring someone I knew who was a Spanish speaker to translate when he called someone who spoke English.   She explained to me what I had deduced by that point.   The sensor was broken and there would be a permanent dashboard warning until it was replaced.   I told her I would have it replaced when I got back home and the tyre got fitted.   The message was passed and he did the job.

He is a perfectionist and did not want me going back to complain about a tyre pressure warning.   His whole attitude to his work was impressive and I came away highly satisfied.  I came back to the house and we had Brie and grapes for lunch washed down by Fanta Lemon.   Soon afterwards we were in the pool again.

Today has been hot with the temperature gauge on the car showing 36 degrees.   

Tonight I am cooking paella for dinner and there is some good wine to go with it.

Suddenly all stress has lifted, but I felt much better yesterday when I made arrangements for a new tyre.   On a temporary tyre and wheel the speed limit is 50mph but in the lanes around here there is no question of more than 25mph.,   The views around us remain spectacular and driving slowly gives you chance to enjoy them.

By the way - any Spanish tuition going in Anglesey?   Could be useful next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment