Thursday 21 September 2017

It's better in the mountains

I looked at the weather forecast early today and was dismayed to find our forecast was for a cooler day with cloud cover.   This forecast was for Malaga, down on the coast.   So far today it has been hotter and cloudless up here in the mountains.   We are close to the Sierra Trajeda with Mount Maroma in the middle distance.   After a few sessions in the pool we opted to have lunch.   What should we have?   It was mussels and crusty bread - WOW!   Very tasty but they really attract wasps!!!.

Pauline did a little hand washing this morning and I did the wringing out!   She was quite miffed because I could squeeze out more water than she could.

The views surrounding us here are really scenic.   The five mile drive from Colmenar, nearest town/village, is very lovely .   At one point we cross a ridge with a valley on either side.   Dotted around on the slopes are lots of white houses which add interest to the landscape.   Part of the mountain scenery consists of massive rocks, perhaps 1,000 feet high.   These look so majestic.

We read a lot as we sit in the sun.   I have come indoors to recharge my Kindle.   Last evening was very fraught as I struggled to find an English-Spanish translator to download to my phone.   I eventually did it.   I suppose that now I shall not need it!

Got a possible place for pottery to try out tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment