Wednesday 13 September 2017

A lazy day

Yesterday when we dined the chair on which I was sitting suddenly lost its centre.   I picked up the broken off wood and put the chair to one side.   I was sitting still - honest!   Then this morning I noticed that Pauline's chair had lost wood.   It too was on its way.   On closer examination I discovered that the centre seat part of each chair was supported by 4 corner braces which had been glued on!   Neither screwed nor nailed!?   We had to move indoors for dining because the smell of food being cooked attracts the kittens who then leap on the table and try to steal food.   So now the exterior dining chairs will come inside as a health & safety measure.

No one can say our visits to Spain are without interest!  

Last night's paella remains were in the kitchen bin which I drove to the disposal point at the top of our lane.   The kittens had already been attracted by the smell.   Lunch today was pate on toast.   I don't know what sort of pate it was but we really enjoyed it.   It was washed down with San Miguel.   Out here the San Miguel 250 cl bottles appear to have crown corks but, in fact they can be opened by hand.   A very useful idea we could use at home.

Our afternoon was spent in and out of the pool and it was lovely.   I found my supply of charcoal and the firelighters I bought in Santander as we set off south.   So the bbq is ready to light.   We bought a bbq assortment of meat on Monday.   There is a spiral sausage, two chorizo sausages and two standard sausages together with 2 brochettes (kebabs to you).   So that will be our meal tonight after sundown. 

This is the most relaxing location we have ever known and the days are just drifting by now.   Even the fact that we have no water does not faze us because we have a reserve supply.   I am experienced in changing the water over to reserve when needed after the number of times we have been here.   In fact, I also know how to set up the electricity supply should a storm knock it out.   I might need to use this skill on Saturday as the present weather forecast says we can expect rain & lightning then.   Otherwise the weather forecast is totally wall to wall sunshine.

No comments:

Post a Comment