Friday 29 September 2017

Last day at Finca Manolo

The last day always arrives and it is here.   Yesterday's weather was a mix of sun and cloud but warm enough to enjoy, which we did.   I actually forgot to take my medication, which, at home would have slowed me down with tight chest and slightly difficult breathing.   It was 3.30pm before we got back from final shopping and I didn't notice any change at all.   I took my treatment and continued as normal.

The rest of the afternoon was spent by or in the pool.   It has been the best hydrotherapy Pauline could have.   She has really enjoyed her stay here and that is so pleasing.   When Pauline is happy it means I am too.   It has been a great time of rest and recuperation for both of us.   We looked forward to it for such a long time and it worked out just right.

This is now the longest period the mains water has been off and it has made no difference.   I think Trevor is going to have to pay for a tanker to top up the reserve tanks for the people that follow us.   

Last night I cooked whole chicken breasts - first in the oven and then in the sauce.   I stuffed the breasts with mozzarella and the taste was good.   However, we decided the filling would be better if I had chosen soft cheese like Philadelphia.   Our dessert was a chocolate mousse that went down well.

This year we shall bring home two cases of wine plus a few extras to enjoy.   One is a Rioja that is a Gran Reserva of 1994 vintage.   That will be drunk with the very best Welsh Black Beef!

Tomorrow we drive north west to Trujillo which we have not visited before.   We stay one night and then head for Santander and our good friends at Hotel Chateau La Roca.   On Monday we sail for Portsmouth.

No comments:

Post a Comment